Conduct an occupant satisfaction survey for all occupants
Rationale: Regularly fielding an occupant satisfaction survey and ensuring a sufficient response rate provides insight into occupant perceptions of site design and operations, which highlights opportunities to improve features and programs to support mental, physical, and social health.
Demonstrate compliance with one of the options below:
Option 1 - Occupant Satisfaction Survey (Full Credit):
To achieve full credit, demonstrate compliance with all of the following requirements:
- The occupant satisfaction survey is fielded annually.
2. The occupant satisfaction survey includes a summary detailing findings for a minimum of two of the following categories:
- transportation infrastructure (such as pedestrian improvements, bicycle infrastructure, or transit upgrades)
- programming (such as community events and activities, arts, or cultural events)
- open spaces (such as maintenance initiatives or infrastructure upgrades)
- community resilience (such as enhanced communications, additional training opportunities, or upgraded supplies).
3. Meets the response rate below based on the number of project occupants over the age of 18:
- for projects with 1 - 1,000 occupants, a 30% response rate
- for projects with 1,001 - 2,000 occupants, a 25% response rate
- for projects with 2,001- 3,500 occupants, a 20% response rate
- for projects with 3,501 - 5,000 occupants, a 15% response rate
- for projects with 5,001 - 10,000 occupants, a 10% response rate
- for projects with over 10,000 occupants, the required response rate decreases by 1% for every additional 1,000 occupants to a minimum of 5%.
4. Implement interventions related to the occupant satisfaction survey results annually through a minimum of one of the following:
Types of compliance documentation required:
- Certified statements