Establish and implement an idle reduction policy
Rationale: Idle reduction policies reduce the amount of time vehicles idle unnecessarily, cutting emissions, noise pollution, and reducing air pollution — contributing to a diminished risk of respiratory and cardiovascular diseases, as well as anxiety and depression.
Demonstrate compliance with the below:
Idle Reduction Policy (Full Credit):
Establish and implement an idle reduction policy that includes all of the following:
Community, Commercial & Industrial Site
- A maximum allowable idle time of 3 minutes for all except the following:
- legally authorized emergency motor vehicles
- necessary operation (such as a bus idling to deliver passengers, maintenance vehicles who rely on primary engine power)
- electric vehicles.
- Ensure the policy applies to all vehicles entering the project boundary, both personal and commercial.
- Incorporate idle reduction signage in all designated loading areas within the project boundary.
- Establish a protocol for reporting offenses.
Types of compliance documentation required:
- Uploaded copy of materials