Connect the project to community destinations
Rationale: Connectivity to surrounding community destinations increases awareness and accessibility of local assets, such as museums, parks, and restaurants, which encourages walking and is associated with lower levels of psychological distress, contributing to reduced risk of obesity and anxiety.
|Requirement Guidance: For buildings with multiple entrances, identify a main building entrance that is used to access a common area within the building such as a lobby, reception area, or main circulation pathway.|
Demonstrate compliance with the below:
Community Destinations Connection (Full Credit):
To achieve full credit, demonstrate compliance with all the following requirements:
- Connect the project to two of the following qualifying community destinations:
- areas of commerce (retail corridors, restaurants, markets)
- civic and/or institutional buildings (libraries, schools, community centers)
- commercial buildings (office buildings or other places of employment)
- cultural destinations (religious centers, museums, or other types of cultural centers).
Amenities and community destinations must be located outside the building submitting for certification.
2. Ensure that the community destinations are located within a 1/2-mile or 800-meter walking distance of a minimum of 51% of residential buildings.
Types of compliance documentation required:
- Annotated maps
- Certified statements