Establish and implement a chemical purchasing policy
Rationale: A chemical purchasing policy can ensure that materials brought into the building will conform to standards that preserve high Indoor Air Quality (IAQ), contributing to enhanced respiratory and mental health.
Demonstrate compliance with the below:
Chemical Purchasing Policy (Full Credit):
Demonstrate compliance with all of the following requirements:
- Establish and implement a chemical purchasing policy that is at a minimum as rigorous as the Fitwel Chemical Purchasing Policy.
The Fitwel Chemical Purchasing Policy is attached below.
- Ensure the policy applies to all chemical products and materials used and purchased within the project by the property owner or management.
- Ensure that all chemical products and materials procured and used within the project meet the product standards requirements of Section 2 of the Chemical Purchasing Policy.
- Implement an inventory and purchasing plan for all chemical products and materials that meets the requirements of Section 3 of the Chemical Purchasing Policy.
- Ensure that materials transparency information is accessible and shared with all occupants as outlined in Section 4 of the Chemical Purchasing Policy.
- Share the policy with all tenants through a minimum of one of the following methods (for multi-tenant projects only):
- relevant leases or a tenant manual
- a digital platform, such as a website, digital application, or display screen in common areas
- communication material, such as notification emails or newsletters.
Types of compliance documentation required:
- Certified statements