Establish a civic engagement program
Rationale: Programs that sponsor and provide support for civic engagement activities promote volunteering and voting, which significantly increases community engagement, satisfaction, and fulfillment.
Demonstrate compliance with the below:
Civic Engagement Program (Full Credit):
To achieve full credit, demonstrate compliance with one of the following requirements:
- Implement a minimum of one qualifying civic engagement program(s).
Qualifying civic engagement programs may include but are not limited to:
–16 paid hours per year to be spent volunteering
– two assigned company-wide volunteer days per year
– “Dollars for Doers” program to provide donations to the employee's organization of choice for every 16 hours volunteered
– paid time off for voting
– including a polling place within the project
– providing information for voter registration.
2. Ensure that the civic engagement programs are offered to all full- and part-time employees and staff and residential occupants.
Types of compliance documentation required:
- Certified statements