Provide context-appropriate lighting in common areas
Rationale: Installing ambient and task lighting and equipping common areas with features to minimize glare supports the visibility and accessibility of common spaces, contributing to increased perceptions of safety and reduced risk of falls and injury.
Demonstrate compliance with the below:
Common Area Lighting (Full Credit):
To achieve full credit, demonstrate compliance with the following requirement:
- Utilize ambient lighting that evenly distributes light in all of the following areas:
- shared spaces
- Minimize glare by implementing the following:
- provide shading for daylight light sources
- provide shields and shades on non-ambient light fixtures.
- Utilize the following lighting features:
- task lighting in recreation and resource centers
- uplighting in restrooms.
Types of compliance documentation required:
- Annotated design drawings
- Annotated plan
- Annotated photographs