Provide enhanced transit stops
Rationale: Enhancing the comfort and safety of nearby transit stops through seating and shelters encourages the use of active transportation, supporting increased rates of physical activity, reduced congestion and lower pollution, contributing to reduced risk of chronic conditions.
Requirement Guidance: For buildings with multiple entrances, identify a main building entrance that is used to access a common area within the building such as a lobby, reception area, or main circulation pathway.
Demonstrate compliance with the below:
Enhanced Transit Stops (Full Credit):
Demonstrate compliance with all the following requirements:
- Include a minimum of one enhanced transit or shuttle stop that is located within a 1/4 mile or 400-meter walking distance of a minimum of one main building entrance.
Municipal transit stops may be used to meet this strategy.
- Incorporate a minimum of two of the following elements:
- shading/cover from the elements
- real-time transportation information.
- Ensure that the transit stop is wheelchair accessible.
Types of compliance documentation required:
- Annotated design drawings
- Annotated photographs
- Annotated plans