Establish building operational guidelines
Rationale: Distributing Building Operational Guidelines, which include policies focused on indoor air and environmental quality, can increase implementation of tactics that reduce lung - related morbidities such as sick building syndrome and asthma as well as boost trust between building occupants and management
Demonstrate compliance with the below:
Building Operational Guidelines (Full Credit):
Provide design guidelines that promote the health and well-being of occupants that meets all the following requirements:
Multi-Tenant Base Building (no on-site management), Multi-Tenant Base Building (with on-site management)
- Establish healthy operational guidelines for tenant spaces that are at least as rigorous as the Fitwel Healthy Operational Guidelines.
The Fitwel Healthy Operational Guidelines is attached below.
2. Include health rationales and implementation guidance for all of the following operations and protocols:
- a tobacco- and smoke-free policy for all indoor areas
- an indoor air quality policy
- an indoor air quality assessment protocol
- an Integrated Pest Management (IPM) policy
- safe chemical storage
- a chemical purchasing policy.
3. Share the healthy operational guidelines with all tenants within the building through a minimum of one of the following methods:
- relevant tenant lease or manual
- a digital platform, such as a website, digital application, or display screen in common areas
- communication material, such as notification emails or newsletters.
Types of compliance documentation required:
- Certified statements