Establish a stakeholder collaboration protocol
Rationale: Implementing and distributing a comprehensive protocol that identifies stakeholders and regularly solicits their feedback provides a forum for occupants to voice their concerns and for management to incorporate these concerns into operations — increasing feelings of empowerment among occupants as well as the efficiency of building design, operations, and programming.
Demonstrate compliance with the below:
Stakeholder Collaboration Protocol (Full Credit):
Demonstrate compliance with all of the following requirements:
- Implement a stakeholder collaboration protocol that is at least as rigorous as the Fitwel Stakeholder Collaboration Protocol.
The Fitwel Stakeholder Collaboration Protocol is attached below.
- Ensure the Stakeholder Collaboration Protocol develops an approach to improve occupant health by including a mission statement and key objectives as outlined in Section 1 of the Stakeholder Collaboration Protocol.
- Establish a Stakeholder Coalition of a minimum of one primary and two secondary stakeholders who will be involved in the process, as outlined in Section 2 of the Stakeholder Collaboration Protocol.
- Ensure the coalition of stakeholders outline next steps to incorporate findings from the occupant surveys that addresses the categories identified in the health mission.
- Ensure that meetings will be held with the identified coalition of stakeholders a minimum of twice per year.
- Ensure the Stakeholder Collaboration Protocol includes a plan for engaging with the local community during any construction, major renovations, or public open space improvement projects within the project, as outlined in Section 4 of the Fitwel Stakeholder Collaboration Protocol.
Types of compliance documentation required:
- Certified statements