Calculations are required when numbers and percentages are relevant to demonstrate compliance with Fitwel strategies.
- When providing calculations, ensure that the number of amenities or features meets demand, as per the strategy requirements.
- Calculations may be required:
- As evidence that the number of required amenities or features is adequate for the total number of occupants that have access to them (e.g. number of bicycle parking spaces, showers and lockers, lactation rooms); and
- As evidence that the majority of occupants have access to a certain type of experience or benefit (e.g. percentage of occupants with access to natural daylight or to qualifying views of nature).
- Project information (e.g. project name and/or address).
- Optional but recommended: Identification of Strategy to which the calculation refers.
- Calculation that confirms compliance, as per the strategy requirements.
Guidance and Insights
Calculations may be presented as separate documents or as part of an official statement.
Sample Documentation for calculations
WP Strategy 2.3: Provide regular occupants access to bicycle parking