Provide occupants access to a fresh produce vendor
Rationale: Vendors that prioritize the selling of fresh produce and operate on a regular schedule increase access to fruits and vegetables, encourage increased consumption of fruits and vegetables, and enhance community engagement — contributing to a diminished risk of diet-related diseases and social isolation.
Demonstrate compliance with the below:
Accessible Produce Vendor (Full Credit):
Demonstrate compliance with all the following requirements:
- Identify a produce vendor that is accessible to all occupants within the project.
2. Ensure the identified produce vendor meets all of the following required operational requirements:
- scheduled to operate during the day
- operational a minimum of one day a week
- operational for five months of the year or for the maximum growing season of the region.
3. Ensure the identified vendor is located within a 1/2-mile or 800-meter walking route of 51% of all regularly occupied buildings.
4. Confirm that the identified produce vendor sells fresh produce.
Types of compliance documentation required:
- Annotated maps
- Certified statements