Provide a permanent display advertising local amenities
Rationale: Public displays listing local amenities are useful for wayfinding and encourage exploration of the surrounding area, contributing to increased walking, heightened accessibility, and stronger connections within the community.
Demonstrate compliance with one of the options below:
Option 1 - Local Amenities Display (Full Credit):
Provide a display promoting local amenities that demonstrate compliance with all of the following requirements:
- Locate the display within the project boundary in a minimum of one high-traffic corridor or community destination.
High-traffic corridors or community destinations may include but are not limited to the following:
- an intersection
- park or plaza(s)
- area(s) of commerce
- civic and/or institutional building(s)
- transit stop(s)
- commercial and/or industrial building(s).
- Ensure the display includes updated community events and information, including:
- community meetings
- voting dates
- maintenance schedules
- cultural events and programming
- healthy food retailers
- health and wellness programming
- local transit choices
- healthcare facilities
- childcare facilities
- community destinations
- community-wide training programs.
Option 2 - Digital Amenities Information (Partial Credit):
Promote local amenities through a digital platform that demonstrates compliance with all of the following requirements:
- Ensure that the local amenities information includes a minimum of three on-site community events and/or information.
Qualifying on-site events and information may include but are not limited to the following:
- recreation schedule
- health programming information
- fitness schedule
- cultural events
- farmers market schedule and/or offerings
- information for available support services
- other qualifying events.
Types of compliance documentation required:
- Annotated design drawing
- Annotated plans
- Annotated photographs