Provide a healthcare facility
Rationale: Ensuring that occupants have access to a healthcare facility within walking distance encourages timely and regular health screenings and treatment, which strengthens chronic disease management and prevention, especially for those with limited transportation options.
Demonstrate compliance with the below:
Healthcare Facility (Full Credit):
To achieve full credit, demonstrate compliance with the following requirement:
- Include one of the following qualifying healthcare facilities within the project boundary or within a 1/2-mile or 800-meter walking distance of the project boundary:
- general or primary care office (such as facilities providing family practice, general internal medicine, general pediatrics, obstetrics, gynecology, and/or clinical preventive services — including community health centers providing comprehensive primary care)
- district hospital (such as a local hospital providing internal medicine, obstetrics, pediatrics, or general surgery)
- specialized or teaching hospital (such as a national, academic, university, or teaching hospital)
- clinic and acute care (such as outpatient services, urgent care, rehabilitation services, or substance use/addiction treatment services).
Types of compliance documentation required:
- Annotated design drawings/maps/plans
- Uploaded copy of materials