Provide a dedicated arts and culture venue
Rationale: Engaging with visual, musical and other arts when visiting cultural venues is associated with lower risks of cardiovascular disease and mortality and has beneficial effects on components of mental health such as pain, anxiety, and mood for all age groups.
|Requirement Guidance: For buildings with multiple entrances, identify a main building entrance that is used to access a common area within the building such as a lobby, reception area, or main circulation pathway.|
Demonstrate compliance with the below:
Arts and Culture Venue (Full Credit):
To achieve full credit, demonstrate compliance with all of the following requirements:
- Include an arts and culture venue that is located within the project boundary or within a 1/2-mile or 800-meter walking distance of the project boundary.
Qualifying arts and culture venues may include but are not limited to the following:
- art galleries
- art centers
- publicly accessible artist cooperatives
- music halls
- music centers
- performing arts centers
- outdoor performance venue with dedicated infrastructure (such as a bandshell or amphitheater).
- Confirm that the venue includes programming a minimum of once a month.
- Confirm that the venue offers events that are free or low-cost.
- Ensure that the venue is accessible to all occupants within the project as well as the general public.
Types of compliance documentation required:
- Annotated design maps/plans
- Annotated photographs
- Certified statements
- Uploaded copy of materials