Provide landscaping on sidewalks and pathways
Rationale: Planting and maintaining landscaped elements, such as trees and plantings, in outdoor built areas support improved local air quality, decreased local temperatures, connection to nature, the use of active transport, and active use of pathways — contributing to a decreased risk of stress, respiratory diseases, and chronic conditions related to sedentary lifestyles.
Demonstrate compliance with the below:
Landscaping Elements on Sidewalks and Pathways (Full Credit):
To achieve full credit, demonstrate compliance with all the following requirements:
- Include qualifying landscaping elements that are uniformly located along sidewalks and pathways leading to the following areas:
- site entrances
- entrances to parking areas
- common amenities and outdoor areas.
Qualifying landscaping elements are limited to the following:
- Ensure that the identified landscaping is maintained on a seasonal basis.
Types of compliance documentation required:
- Annotated plans
- Annotated design drawings
- Annotated photographs