Provide occupants access to dedicated bicycle parking
Rationale: Dedicated bicycle parking that is secure and covered encourages the use of bicycles for transportation and recreation and reduces reliance on automobiles, contributing to reduced risk of chronic diseases such as obesity and diabetes, as well as improved air quality resulting from fewer automobiles being on the road.
|Requirement Guidance: For buildings with multiple entrances, identify a main building entrance that is used to access a common area within the building such as a lobby, reception area, or main circulation pathway.|
Demonstrate compliance with the below:
Accessible Dedicated Bicycle Parking (Full Credit):
To achieve full credit, demonstrate compliance with all the following requirements:
- Provide bicycle parking that is free of charge and is exclusively accessible to all occupants within the project.
Municipal or publicly accessible bicycle parking areas do not qualify for the strategy.
- Ensure that the bicycle parking is covered from the elements and includes features that allow for bicycles to be locked.
- Locate the bicycle parking in one of the following locations:
- near shared bicycle stations or hubs
- in a common open space
- at pedestrian routes and pathways
- in parking areas.
- Provide bicycle parking spaces equivalent to 2.5% of the total number of project occupants.
Types of compliance documentation required:
- Annotated map
- Annotated plan
- Certified statements
- Annotated photographs