Implement parking efficiency practices
Rationale: Parking efficiency practices limit the amount of space committed to surface parking, reducing the demand for single-occupancy vehicles and supporting the utilization of public and active transportation, which contributes to improved air quality and opportunities for physical activity — contributing to reduced risk of respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Demonstrate compliance with one of the options below:
Option 1 - Parking Efficiency Practices (Full Credit):
Demonstrate compliance with all the following requirements:
- Implement qualifying parking efficiency practices in each parking area on-site.
- Include a minimum of two of the following parking efficiency practices in each parking area:
- provide spaces at no more than the minimum number required by local legislation
- limit surface parking by prioritizing access to on-site or off-site parking garages
- designate priority parking for carpooling and vanpooling
- charge for parking in each parking area on-site
- incorporate a minimum of one enhanced landscaping element within surface parking areas:
- wide green buffers surrounding the perimeter of parking areas
- landscaped islands at the end of every parking aisle
- at least one tree per five parking lot spaces in surface parking areas
- protected pedestrian pathways within parking areas.
Option 2 - No Parking Areas On-Site (Full Credit):
- Confirm that parking areas are not included on-site.
Types of compliance documentation required:
- Annotated plans
- Annotated maps
- Annotated photographs
- Design drawings
- Certified statements