Provide an outdoor space with amenities
Rationale: Accessible outdoor areas with amenities such as water features, greenery, artwork, tables, and seating are used more frequently by individuals and groups, and this use is associated with positive health outcomes including lower blood pressure and diminished stress.
Demonstrate compliance with the below:
Outdoor Space and Amenities for All Occupants (Full Credit):
Demonstrate compliance with all of the following requirements:
- Provide access to a minimum of one outdoor space with amenities that is free of charge to all occupants within the project.
- Ensure that the open outdoor space is one of the following:
- Include a minimum of two of the following amenities within the identified outdoor space:
- art installation
- pedestrian pathway
- dedicated bicycle path
- water feature.
- Locate the outdoor space amenity within a 1/2-mile or 800-meter walking route of a minimum of 51% of all regularly occupied buildings.
Types of compliance documentation required:
- Annotated plans
- Annotated maps
- Annotated design drawings
- Annotated photographs