Install a sufficient number of automated external defibrillators (AEDs)
Rationale: Providing AEDs that can be quickly accessed in unrestricted areas for bystander use improves response time to negative cardiac events, contributing to improved survivability.
Demonstrate compliance with the below:
Automated External Defibrillator (Full Credit):
To achieve full credit, demonstrate compliance with all of the following requirements:
- Provide AEDs that are accessible to project occupants.
- Ensure that the provided AEDs are tested regularly, as recommended by the manufacturer.
- Locate an AED on each floor within the project that includes a common space(s).
Regularly occupied common spaces include:
- Areas where building occupants gather for social events such as:
- resident lounge
- common kitchen facilities
- multipurpose room
- game room.
- Common building amenities, such as:
- resource center
- fitness facilities
- exercise room.
- Locate an AED on each occupied floor of owner-controlled buildings including floors with indoor common areas.
Types of compliance documentation required:
- Annotated plans
- Certified statements