Establish building operational guidelines
Rationale: Distributing Building Operational Guidelines, which include policies focused on indoor air and environmental quality, can increase implementation of tactics that reduce lung - related morbidities such as sick building syndrome and asthma as well as boost trust between building occupants and management
Demonstrate compliance with the below:
Building Operational Guidelines (Full Credit):
Provide design guidelines that promote the health and well-being of occupants that meets all the following requirements:
- Establish healthy building operational guidelines that are at least as rigorous as the Fitwel Healthy Building Operational Guidelines.
The Fitwel Healthy Building Operational Guidelines are attached below.
- Include health rationales and implementation guidance for all of the following operations and protocols:
- a tobacco- and smoke-free policy for all indoor areas
- an indoor air quality policy
- an indoor air quality assessment protocol
- an Integrated Pest Management (IPM) policy
- safe chemical storage
- a chemical purchasing policy.
- Share the healthy building design guidelines with all occupants within the project through a minimum of one of the following methods:
- relevant tenant lease or manual
- a digital platform, such as a website, digital application, or display screen in common areas
- communication material, such as notification emails or newsletters.
Types of compliance documentation required:
- Certified statements