Establish a communication plan
Rationale: Strong communication practices have been shown to significantly improve compliance with new policies, increase transparency, and ensure access to relevant information, all of which contribute to increased acceptance of the implemented standards and decreased anxiety about changes.
Demonstrate compliance with the below:
Communication Plan (Full Credit):
To achieve full credit, demonstrate compliance with all the following requirements:
- Implement a communication plan that requires the distribution of the following information:
- emergency preparedness plan
- summary of enhanced cleaning and maintenance protocol
- summary of enhanced indoor air quality policy
- health programming information
- all policy updates (such as changes in operations, policies, or programming)
- notifications of room or amenity closures.
- Ensure that information will be distributed through a minimum of one of the following mediums
- newsletter or email
- website update
- workshop or training.
- Ensure two-way communication that allows project occupants to provide feedback to management.
- Outline a chain of communication and ensure that internal communications reach all occupants within the project.
- Outline schedule for internal communication that occurs:
- a minimum of once a month, regularly
- a minimum of once a week during an emergency event.
Types of compliance documentation required:
- Certified statements