Conduct an occupant satisfaction survey for all occupants
Rationale: Regularly fielding an occupant satisfaction survey and ensuring a sufficient response rate provides insight into occupant perceptions of site design and operations, which highlights opportunities to improve features and programs to support mental, physical, and social health.
Demonstrate compliance with the below:
Occupant Satisfaction Survey (Full Credit):
To achieve full credit, demonstrate compliance with all of the following requirements:
- The occupant satisfaction survey is fielded annually.
- The occupant satisfaction survey includes a summary of a minimum of four of the following categories:
- commuter infrastructure
- building access
- outdoor spaces
- shared spaces
- food access.
- Meets the response rate below based on the number of full- and part-time employees and staff within the project:
- for projects with 1 - 1,000 occupants, a 30% response rate
- for projects with 1,001 - 2,000 occupants, a 25% response rate
- for projects with 2,001- 3,500 occupants, a 20% response rate
- for projects with 3,501 - 5,000 occupants, a 15% response rate
- for projects with 5,001 - 10,000 occupants, a 10% response rate
- for projects with over 10,000 occupants, the required response rate decreases by 1% for every additional 1,000 occupants to a minimum of 5%.
4. Implement interventions related to the occupant satisfaction survey results annually through a minimum of one of the following:
Types of compliance documentation required:
- Certified statements