Incorporate permanent public art
Rationale: Permanent, public artwork created by regional artists and through local engagement efforts supports feelings of community, contributing to increased perceptions of safety and social interaction.
Demonstrate compliance with the below:
Public Artwork (Full Credit):
To achieve full credit, demonstrate compliance with all the following requirements:
- Include a minimum of one permanent, public piece of art that is located in a minimum of one of the following spaces:
- park or plaza
- transit stop
- outside a main building entrance
- site entrance
- on a building exterior visible to regular occupants
- street intersection
- civic and/or institutional building
- area identified as a community destination or high-traffic corridor.
- Ensure that the art is viewable by all occupants within the project.
- Provide art that is created or composed by a local or regional artist.
- Establish a protocol for reporting offenses.
Types of compliance documentation required:
- Annotated plan
- Certified statements
- Annotated photographs