Establish building design guidelines
Rationale: Distributing building design guidelines — which include a series of impactful interventions — can increase implementation of tactics that promote active and biophilic design practices, support occupant sleep quality and mood, and bolster physical activity and immune function.
Demonstrate compliance with the below:
Building Design Guidelines (Full Credit):
Provide design guidelines that promote the health and well-being of occupants that meets all the following requirements:
- Establish healthy building design guidelines that are at least as rigorous as the Fitwel Healthy Building Design Guidelines.
The Fitwel Healthy Building Design Guidelines are attached below.
- Share the healthy building design guidelines with all occupants within the project through a minimum of one of the following methods:
- relevant tenant lease or manual
- a digital platform, such as a website, digital application, or display screen in common areas
- communication material, such as notification emails or newsletters.
Types of compliance documentation required:
- Certified statements