Establish and implement a Family Support Policy
A Family Support Policy supports flexible working arrangements for employees, contributing to positive health outcomes for family members and improving employee job satisfaction and retention rates.
Demonstrate compliance with the below:
Family Support Policy (Full Credit):
Demonstrate compliance with all the following requirements:
- Establish and implement a Family Support Policy that applies to all employees.
- Entitle employees to a minimum of 12 weeks of paid or unpaid family leave during a 12-month period in the case of any of the following qualifying emergency situations:
- caring for a spouse, partner, child, parent, or other family member with a serious health condition
- loss of childcare or gaps in schooling
Operating Hours: all work hours
Operating Hours: all daytime hours
- Entitle employees to at least two of the following in case of a qualifying emergency situation:
- flextime (e.g. compressed work week, shifted work week, flexible daily work hours) based on family needs or other considerations
- telework (working remotely full- or part-time)
- reduced schedule
- paid family leave offering full compensation during the entire period of leave.
- Share the family support policy with all employees through one of the following:
- a digital platform, such as a website, digital application, or display screen in common areas.
- communication material, such as employee handbooks, notification emails or newsletters.
Types of compliance documentation required:
- Certified Statements