Establish and implement a meal planning program
Rationale: A meal planning program that aligns with healthy food guidelines, is publicized to residents, and provides options for those in need of therapeutic diets allows for individualized dietary options to aid in the treatment of existing and prevention of development of chronic conditions.
Demonstrate compliance with the below:
Meal Planning Program (Full Credit):
Demonstrate compliance with all the following requirements:
- Establish and implement a meal planning program that meets one of the following:
- is at least as rigorous as the Food and Beverage Nutrition category in the Fitwel Food and Beverage Standard
- is established by a registered dietitian nutritionist.
The Fitwel Food and Beverage Standard will be attached shortly.
- Ensure the meal planning program includes the following:
- establishes scheduled mealtimes for a minimum of three meals a day (breakfast, lunch, and dinner)
- provides food options for residents with therapeutic diets.
- Publicize the meal planning program to all occupants within the building.
Types of compliance documentation required:
- Certified statements