Provide occupants access to technology resources
Rationale: Providing an area where residents can regularly access free technological resources and guidance on how to use them provides residents with opportunities to socialize, use the internet, and connect with loved ones online, which helps alleviate feelings of isolation, contributing to improved mood and a decreased risk of depression.
Demonstrate compliance with the below:
Technology Resources (Full Credit):
Demonstrate compliance with all of the following requirements:
- Provide a minimum of one resource center that is located within the project.
- Ensure that the resource center is free of charge to all occupants.
- Ensure that the resource center is accessible a minimum of 12 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Provide the following within the resource center:
- internet access
- a device(s) that enables video calls
- a minimum of one set of headphones per computer available
- flexible furniture.
- Provide computers or tablets that meet demand for residential occupants, as follows:
- a minimum of one computer or tablet for every thirty residents
- if an occupant survey confirms that 60% of residential occupants have personal computers or tablets, a minimum of one computer or tablet for every thirty residents without a personal device.
- Provide internet and technology support.
Types of compliance documentation required:
- Annotated plans
- Certified statements
- Annotated photographs