Provide access to a common indoor room
Rationale: An accessible common indoor room with flexible seating, amenities, and activities encourages social engagement and creates a sense of home, contributing to improved mood, sleep quality, and cardiovascular function.
Demonstrate compliance with the below:
Common Room (Full Credit):
To achieve full credit, demonstrate compliance with the following requirement:
- Include a minimum of one common room within the project that supports passive and/or active social engagement.
- Ensure the common room is open and accessible to all occupants and visitors a minimum of 12 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Provide flexible seating and tables within the common room.
- Provide access to a minimum of one of the following amenities within the common room:
- playing cards, puzzles, and/or board game(s)
- arts and crafts supplies, knitting materials, and/or needlepoint materials
- magazines and/or books.
Types of compliance documentation required:
- Annotated design drawings
- Annotated plan
- Annotated photographs