Confirm that lead has been properly abated and control measures are implemented
Rationale: Lead control measures protect occupants from toxic effects of lead exposure and lead poisoning which can include cardiovascular disease, cognitive impairments, nervous system impairments, kidney disease, and behavioral issues.
Demonstrate compliance with one of the options below:
Option 1 - Lead Control Measures (Full Credit):
Demonstrate compliance with all the following requirements:
- Implement lead control measures that include one of the following:
- clean up.
- Ensure that the identified control measures are performed by a certified professional.
- Confirm that the identified control measures are required for future renovations within the building.
- Confirm that the control measures are implemented in all areas of the building.
Option 2 - Lead-Free Construction (Full Credit):
Demonstrate compliance with the following:
- Confirm that the building construction or renovation was completed after the use of lead in construction was regulated or banned in the country or region where the building is located (such as in the United States the use of lead was regulated for all buildings constructed after 1978).
Types of compliance documentation required:
- Uploaded copy of materials