Provide access to public transit
Rationale: Locating a project near a transit stop with qualifying amenities encourages walking and the use of public transit while simultaneously reducing the use of cars and associated air pollution, contributing to a diminished risk of respiratory and cardiovascular diseases.
Demonstrate compliance with the below:
Accessible Path to Transit Stop (Full Credit):
Demonstrate compliance with all of the following requirements:
- Ensure access to one of the below qualifying transit stops designated for group transportation:
- shuttle stop
- bus stop
- light rail station
- heavy rail station
- ferry terminal
- subway station
- tram stop.
Municipal transit stops may be used to meet this strategy.
- Locate the transit stop within a 1/4-mile or 400-meter walking route of a main building entrance.
- Ensure the transit stop is connected by a pedestrian path that:
- is free of obstacles, such as impeding trees, planting pots, bike racks, steps, or other barriers, that may impede or cause difficulties for those with physical disabilities
- includes pedestrian crossings at street intersections.
Types of compliance documentation required:
- Annotated photographs
- Annotated maps
- Annotated site plans
- Certified statements