Establish building design guidelines
Rationale: Distributing building design guidelines — which include a series of impactful interventions — can increase implementation of tactics that promote active and biophilic design practices, support occupant sleep quality and mood, and bolster physical activity and immune function.
Demonstrate compliance with the below:
Building Design Guidelines (Full Credit):
Provide design guidelines that promote the health and well-being of occupants that meets all the following requirements:
Multi-Tenant Base Building (no on-site management), Multi-Tenant Base Building (with on-site management)
- Establish healthy design guidelines for tenant spaces that are at least as rigorous as the Fitwel Healthy Design Guidelines.
The Fitwel Healthy Building Design Guidelines is attached below.
2. Share the healthy building design guidelines with all tenants within the building through a minimum of one of the following methods:
- relevant tenant lease or manual
- a digital platform, such as a website, digital application, or display screen in common areas
- communication material, such as notification emails or newsletters.
Types of compliance documentation required:
- Certified statements