Provide occupants with access to a common space that is internet accessible
Rationale: Providing free broadband internet within common areas is a valuable way to ensure residents have access to essential resources such as telemedicine, vaccinations, food, education, and employment — and is associated with lowered rates of chronic disease and preventable hospitalizations.
Demonstrate compliance with the below:
Internet Access (Full Credit):
Demonstrate compliance with all the following requirements:
- Provide a free method of internet access to residential occupants.
- Ensure the internet is accessible in one of the following locations:
- a shared space
- all dwelling units
- a common amenity.
- If applicable, ensure that the shared space with internet connectivity fulfills all of the following:
- is located within the building
- accessible to all building occupants.
- If applicable, ensure that the common amenity with internet connectivity fulfills all of the following:
- located within a 1/4-mile or 400-meter walking distance of a building entrance
- accessible to all building occupants
- includes the following features:
- electrical outlets.
Qualifying common amenities include but are not limited to:
- business or resource centers
- multi-purpose rooms
- common rooms.
Municipal buildings do not qualify for the strategy.
Types of compliance documentation required:
- Annotated maps
- Annotated plans
- Annotated photographs
- Certified statements