Provide entryway systems at all building entrances
Rationale: Entryway systems of a sufficient length significantly reduce the amount of dirt, water, and particulates entering the building, supporting both building durability and indoor air quality, which contributes to enhanced occupant respiratory health and comfort.
Demonstrate compliance with the below:
Entryway Systems (Full Credit):
Provide entryway systems at all shared building entrances that meet the below:
- Provide indoor permanent entryway systems at all building entrances under control of building management, including entrances from parking garages.
- Ensure that all entryway systems are:
- 10 feet or 3 meters in the direction of travel, or the entire length of available floor space
- at least as wide as the entrance.
- Ensure that entryway systems that include mats are cleaned and maintained weekly.
If there are no indoor building entrances under the control of building management, entryway systems should be placed at the threshold of the breezeway or stairwell.
Types of compliance documentation required:
- Annotated design drawings
- Annotated plans
- Annotated photographs
- Certified statements