Provide occupants access to an outdoor fitness area
Rationale: Outdoor fitness areas located within walking distance offer increased opportunities for social interaction and physical activity, contributing to diminished risk of cardiovascular disease as well as improved mood and lower levels of anxiety.
Demonstrate compliance with the below:
Outdoor Fitness Area (Full Credit):
Demonstrate compliance with all of the following requirements:
- Provide a minimum of one outdoor fitness area that is free of charge to all residential occupants and is a space specifically designed for sport or exercise.
Qualifying outdoor fitness areas may include but are not limited to the following:
- sports fields or courts (such as basketball courts, baseball fields, football fields, or soccer fields)
- fixed outdoor fitness equipment (such as outdoor stationary bicycles, air walkers or sit-up boards)
- mobile fitness equipment (such as free-weights, yoga mats, or other exercise equipment) that is secure from theft or loss and accessible at all times
- outdoor swimming pools with lap lanes that operate year-round.
- Ensure that the outdoor fitness area is accessible at all times during daylight hours.
- Locate the outdoor fitness area within a 1/2-mile or 800-meter walking route of a main building entrance(s).
Types of compliance documentation required:
- Annotated plans
- Annotated photographs
- Annotated map
- Certified statements