A multi-purpose room that is used for wellness activities can increase occupant access to health programming, contributing to decreased absenteeism and enhanced mental and physical health.
- A Multi-Purpose Room is a dedicated space that regular occupants can reserve for a range of health-promoting activities.
- A qualifying multi-purpose room may be located in:
- A common break area accessible to regular occupants.
- A designated portion of an open office floor area.
- An exercise room or fitness facility, provided regular occupants are not required to have a membership or pay any fees to access it.
- A conference room or other room that has a regular function may be repurposed as a multi-purpose room, provided that the room includes moveable furniture that can be cleared for health programming.
- A multi-purpose room and exercise room may qualify as the same space provided the discrete requirements of each strategy are able to be met within the same space.
Documentation credit to Africus co., ltd.