Beginning in November 2022, Fitwel launched a Remediation Process available for all projects after completing the Fitwel Final Review.
This new process is completely optional and provides a formal and structured pathway to improve a project’s Fitwel score and/or star rating. The Remediation Process allows project teams to submit additional documentation for strategies that have not been achieved, or attempted, during the initial project submission, within one (1) year from Final Review completion.
- All Fitwel Certifications (excluding Viral Response Approval) are eligible for the Remediation Process.
- Each project may use the Remediation Process 3 separate times within one (1) year from the original Final Review completion date.
- Project teams may submit up to 10 different strategies in each Remediation Process.
- For the Remediation Process to be considered complete, documentation must be submitted for all strategies being considered for the review cycle. The Certification Team cannot review any documentation submitted after the Remediation Process has been initiated.
- Regardless of the number of Remediation Processes for a project, Fitwel will recognize the original date of the Final Review completion as the official project certification date. The project's certification date is not impacted by any score/star rating changes introduced through the Remediation Process.
- Projects may be submitted for a Remediation Process review regardless of score or star rating achieved in the initial certification submission.
- The Remediation Process typically takes 2-4 weeks to complete.
- The process will cost $1,000 per review and cover up to 10 strategies.
- Fitwel Champion and Provider companies receive a 50% discount on Remediation Process fees.
Wish to initiate the Remediation Process for a certified project?
- Project teams may apply for the Fitwel Remediation Process only upon completion of the final review, which concludes the certification review process.
- For those with active projects that are not yet certified, you will receive a "Fitwel Certification Complete" email marking the conclusion of the certification process once your project's final review is complete. This email will include a link to the Remediation Application form if projects wish to increase their official score.
- For those with projects that have previously received a final score, but wish to increase that score, you may apply for the Fitwel Remediation process within one (1) year of your project's original certification date by completing this form. Following this step, you will be invoiced for associated fees and be provided with additional information and next steps.
For more information, please contact your Relationship Manager if a Fitwel Champion or Provider, or through our online contact form available here.