A comprehensive emergency response plan can better prepare occupants to respond to emergency situations, helping to limit casualties and diminish the negative impacts of a disaster.
- An Emergency Preparedness Plan is a written document that helps to define and guide individual actions to be taken in an emergency situation.
- Emergency Resources as referred to in the strategy language are items that prepare regular occupants for a range of emergency situations. Sample items include first aid kits, flashlights, food, and water.
- Project teams have complete flexibility to identify the scenario(s) or emergencies that a comprehensive plan addresses. For some, this may include fire emergencies only. For others, this may address a contagious outbreak or a natural disaster/weather-related event.
- Drills and training are intended to involve regular occupants in Workplace scorecards.
- Fitwel requires that the project team submit an official copy of the emergency preparedness plan. Emailed copies or other non-official documentation will not be accepted.